Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's Coming!

For four years of college the end of April signalled one blessed thing: the beginning of summer break. I know that April is a little early to start talking about summer, but I guess it is somehow programed in me now to start thinking of summer when the end of April rolls around. This is just my first year of many to come in which summer vacation will not be starting until June, but that doesn't mean I can't start thinking about it.
I had a sort of magical moment this evening. I was sitting outside in my backyard watching my dog run around, and I just got this summery feeling. Then I looked at my neighbors' house and they were outside making s'mores in their fire pit. Now I have to ask. What could be more summery than that? I just got so excited for summer to come.
I've always loved summer. I think there is something special about summer nights. The air just feels different. It is sort of enchanting. Sigh... I'm so excited. When I discovered the perfect summer job last year, it all came together. I'll be back at that job in two months. I can't wait.
I'm so looking forward to warm sunny mornings and crazy afternoon storms. I can't wait for a perfect breeze through my window at night. I'm not sure it ever hit me until tonight just how perfect summer feels. I'm so glad it's coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment