Thursday, February 11, 2010

2010: the year of honesty

So last night I had one of those really honest conversations with my best friend. I guess he has been having a lot of these encounters lately and has decided that 2010 is the year of total honesty. It is the year for saying exactly what is on your mind.
I have to say, I couldn't be more on board with this idea. It is totally time for this in my life, in everyone's life. I am so tired of censoring myself for no good reason. Why shouldn't people know how I actually feel? Think about that. What reason do any of us really have for not telling the whole truth? If there is no better reason than personal discomfort or embarrassment, I say give it up.
I advocate true expression. I believe in saying what I really want to say. I know how hard it can be to do this, but it's 2010. The time has come to make the image we portray to other people match the person we really believe ourselves to be.

2 comments:

  1. This is funny, because I've kind of been doing the same thing, at least in the realtionship world. No games. You get to know how I feel. If I want to call, I'll call. If I want to text, I'll text. No worries about how this makes me look to you.

    So in other words, I'm all for the truth. Let's go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome Katie! Good goal for everyone! But I do have to say you have always been one of the mos t honest people I know and I love you for it. Your an awesome person and amazing friend! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete